Featured Post

My Call to Serve

"Dear Elder Espinoza: "You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You ...

Monday, November 16, 2015

Still Waiting: What I've Learned

So as you may already know, I have the patience of a two year old when it comes to awaiting my mission call. I have had the patience for Autistic Children, for poorly trained employees, for difficult guests at work, for traffic in Austin, Texas, and many more things but for some reason the awaiting of my mission call has tested my patience greatly. I met with the Stake President on October 18, 2015, directly after church. After a thorough interview...
I was found worthy to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was so happy to finally have THE mission interview!
6 days later, I was informed of missing information in the call packet that I had submitted, but I promptly replied with the missing information within minutes. Shortly after the reply I received confirmation from the Stake President that my missionary application had been submitted to Church Headquarters. I was so excited! 4 days later, on October 28, my dad received a phone call from Church Headquarters, requiring an additional test be done for me. As I frantically awaited my mother attempting to contact different medical offices, we finally found a location that would be able to administer the test and have the results the same day. Within 3 hours of the Church contacting us, we had the test results submitted! Phew! It has now been over 4 weeks since I met with the Stake President, over 3 weeks since my application has been submitted and almost 3 weeks since Church Headquarters made contact with us. A typical call arrives 2-3 weeks after it has been submitted to Church Headquarters. I was recently informed by my Stake President (about a week ago) that the call had been assigned. As I await each day anxiously for the arrival of my call, there has been no such luck, but I pushed it off as a 'it will happen tomorrow' thing. Today as there was once again no call in the mail, I was actually saddened. These past 4 weeks I have been irritated with my impatience but tonight as I pondered and realized my sadness, I came to an understanding that at this time in my life, I do not think there is any greater or more worthy reason to be impatient. Serving the Lord for 2 years time is a great commitment and I am so grateful to have such a great desire to serve these two years. I've had push-back from family members, who do not understand the fully the commitment I am making to God, but their disagreeance or dislike with my decision has not hindered my love for Christ or my desire to serve him. For that I am truly Glad. I know that my mission call will come when it is time, and I will be waiting anxiously. I know that I just need to have greater Faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment